GROUP DISCUSSION GUIDE
In your Photography Teams answer the following questions below and SCRIBE post to your website
1. What human rights issues are illustrated in the film?
2. In the beginning credits of the film, we see images of the children’s eyes looking
down on images of the red light district. What themes do these images reflect?
What does it tell the viewer about the children?
3. What are the changes in the children’s outlook and personalities when they are
taken out of the brothel to the beach and zoo?
4. If these children were taken out of the brothel environment permanently, do you
think that they could fully recover from the injustices and trauma that they have
previously faced? Why? Why not?
5. If life in the brothels is all the children have ever known, then how do they know
that it is not how they want to live? If it has become the norm, then how do they
know that it is not normal for a child to grow up in that environment? Are we born
with an internal human rights’ radar? Is awareness of human rights a part of human
6. Why did Zana become so involved with these children? What lessons did Zana
learn throughout her journey? There were times when Zana seemed to get very
frustrated with the bureaucracy in India. What do you think kept her going?
7. Zana is not just documenting these children, but she is enabling them to document
what they see around them. What opportunity does this provide for them?