Make sure you go to the MENU and select Distance Learning. All of your projects to complete are found on this page.
The assignment task is to create a mythical creature using your own images or stock imagery from Google of animals and combine them in Photoshop. The mythical creature must include a unique name and a 4-5 sentence paragraph describing it’s environment, diet, prey or predatory, etc…
Close-up of Lion looking up, Panthera Leo, 10 years old
Adobe Photoshop already comes pre-loaded with several BRUSH options. So far we have just used a round soft or hard edge brush but for this assignment we will load a custom brush that represents SMOKE.
Please follow the directions given to complete the 6 Smoke Brush images.
COOL DECAY EFFECT_2018
We will also use the same technique using a PARTICLE brush and complete 6 Particle Brush images
Combining multiple images to create a photographic illustration is the goal of this assignment. Fusing photographs of your choice should depict a clear vision and creativity.
DOUBLE EXPOSURE EFFECT
When Warhol began to experiment with screenprinting in the 1960’s, the practice was not a widely used medium. It was a lengthy process that required an exorbitant amount of patience and a keen eye for detail. It was also not unanimously understood as an art form, due to the interference of a machine, which created skepticism by many whose traditional views of art required direct contact between the artist and his choice medium. The replication of pop figures and celebrities was done in a variety of colors and mass produced into large panels.
WARHOL YOURSELF in PHOTOSHOP
Assignment: You will take 6 images and create a panel of Warhol inspired digital silkscreen panels.
graphite pencil and colored pencil options
pencil effect for portraits (1)
MAKING A CLONE
Using the Photoshop Layers and MASK techniques learned previously we will be able to combine multiple photographs as layers and reveal the CLONES.
By taking multiple photos with your body in different areas of the frame we will combine them in Photoshop. Start with two images and drag one on top of the other. Add a mask to Layer 1 and paint black into the mask to hide the area where your body is located in the Background layer. Once done please flatten the layer and then repeat with the next image.
GROUP DISCUSSION GUIDE
In your Photography Teams answer the following questions below and SCRIBE post to your website
1. What human rights issues are illustrated in the film?
2. In the beginning credits of the film, we see images of the children’s eyes looking
down on images of the red light district. What themes do these images reflect?
What does it tell the viewer about the children?
3. What are the changes in the children’s outlook and personalities when they are
taken out of the brothel to the beach and zoo?
4. If these children were taken out of the brothel environment permanently, do you
think that they could fully recover from the injustices and trauma that they have
previously faced? Why? Why not?
5. If life in the brothels is all the children have ever known, then how do they know
that it is not how they want to live? If it has become the norm, then how do they
know that it is not normal for a child to grow up in that environment? Are we born
with an internal human rights’ radar? Is awareness of human rights a part of human
6. Why did Zana become so involved with these children? What lessons did Zana
learn throughout her journey? There were times when Zana seemed to get very
frustrated with the bureaucracy in India. What do you think kept her going?
7. Zana is not just documenting these children, but she is enabling them to document
what they see around them. What opportunity does this provide for them?
On your own please respond and explain your answers (THIS IS NOT FOR YES/NO ANSWERS!)
• What does it mean to have the right to education?
• What challenges do these children face in claiming their right to education?
• Should the possibility of being HIV positive affect your right to an education?
• Should your economic or social status affect your right to an education?
• Should being the child of a sex-worker take away that right?
• Explain your answers.